[mythtv-users] Latest thoughts on small silent frontends

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:00:50 UTC 2014

I have been trying to determine the best between the NUC, Gigabye BRIX or
the Asus EeeBox

http://www.asus.com/us/EeeBox_PCs/

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/list.aspx?s=47&ck=104

I forget which one has this, but one of them has a built in ir sensor for
remote control.

Certain versions of the NUC can have the Pulse Eight internal CEC adapted
mounted on a header on the board, but it is only certain models, not all of
them.

I dig this form factor and am planning on either velco or zip tying one of
these to the back of tv I recently mounted on the wall.  I believe the Asus
one is the thinnest and am leaning in that direction.

My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>