[mythtv-users] Update question

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:11:32 UTC 2014

On 3/11/14, 2:04 PM, A Desai wrote:

> Thank you. I will take a note of the repos before I do anything. I guess
> my gut tells me that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". On the other
> hand, I has been over a year since I did any sort of an update on the
> machines so I think I should...

If the machine isn't exposed anywhere (e.g. exposed to the internet)
then you may want to listen to your gut.  Best case scenario, you lose
time.  Your creativity is the limit for the worst case scenario.

If it is exposed, then you'll definitely want those security updates.
Just make sure you have up-to-date backups and a viable disaster
recovery plan.

-WD