[mythtv-users] Update question

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:45:44 UTC 2014

On 3/11/14, 2:30 PM, A Desai wrote:

> No my machine is internal, and while I do have port forwards on to
> access it from outside, all in all it's all in my "home" network. No
> security issues as such.

Keep in mind which ports are open.  Any number of ports forwarded from
the internet are potential attack vectors for vulnerabilities.  e.g., if
you're listening on a web port, you better be sure that apache and every
thing reachable from apache (e.g. php) is fully patched!  Same for any
other service listening on any forwarded port.

-WD