[mythtv-users] Need help getting new install of Mythbuntu 12.04 to boot successfully

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:12:06 UTC 2014

Hoi Craig,

> On Tuesday, March 11, 2014, Will Dormann
> The splash screen is stupid.    Press Esc to see the boot log, and see
> where it stops.   Consider disabling it permanently via grub like I did.

> -WD

> Thanks for the tip about the boot log!  I'll get into it the next
> time there's a break in recording �.

It could be it is just booting, but that you don't get a screen.
Possibilities are a to high refresh for your screen or that it
switches to your vga port (which is unlikely since the nvidia cards I
have seen favor the dvi and only go to the vga if it is the only one
connected).
If you boot into your old installation with the new drive also
connected check out the boot log on the new drive.
Another possibility is your video driver. Are you using nouveau or
nvidia. If your video card is older and you are using nvidia, it might
not be supported be the newer driver on the new install. You then have
to use nouveau or an older nvidia. You can find supported cards on the
nvidia site. Against it is that you normally would get a text screen.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop