[mythtv-users] Need help with migration Mythbuntu 10.04 -> Mythbuntu 12.04

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 14 02:07:05 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 06:13 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> Thanks!  Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem(s), but I now
> realize I should have tried running mythfrontend from the command line
> so I could see what it was doing (or I should have looked at the log
> file).
>
> Seems the theme option didn't fix the problem(s), but here are the
> complaints the front end reported in the log:
>

> cannot find libcec.solibcec.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
> ThemeInfo: Unable to open themeinfo.xml for
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/BlackCurves-OSD/themeinfo.xml
> ThemeInfo: The theme (/usr/share/mythtv/themes/BlackCurves-OSD) is
> missing a themeinfo.xml file.
> ThemeInfo: Unable to open themeinfo.xml for
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Gray-OSD/themeinfo.xml
> ThemeInfo: The theme (/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Gray-OSD) is missing a
> themeinfo.xml file
> Current MythMusic Schema Version (MusicDBSchemaVer): 1017
> MythMusic database schema is old. Waiting to see if DB is being upgraded.
> Timed out waiting.
>

> So, it appears that I have three issues to address:
> 1) Need to find libcec.solibcec.so and put it where mythfrontend is
> looking to find it.

Not an error.

> 2) Need to fix themes?

No theme errors in the info you posted--just a couple of messages
telling you that you have some old, legacy, pre-0.22 (IIRC) themes on
your system that it's refusing to use (because they're legacy themes).

> 3) Need to get MythMusic Schema updated.

How do you know it didn't?  "Timed out waiting" isn't an error.

> Anyone care to weigh in on how I go about fixing any one of these (or
> report that it can be ignored) and how I could (should?) have avoided
> the problem(s) in the first place?

The how is the standard (and almost universally ignored) approach:  post
logs (not excerpts).

The person who doesn't know what's happening and why it's not working is
really (no offense intended), the worst possible person to decide which
information in the log is important.  So please, post the full log, as
described at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs .

Mike