[mythtv-users] Recommendations - WinTV-DCR-2650 vs HD Homerun Prime

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:06:42 UTC 2014

Hey Eric,

I looked into the  HDPVR 1212 but I wasn't sure what the advantage of it
was. By the way there appears to be a few different models of the HDPVR's
that Hauppauge makes. Will any of these models work for me? Also was
it difficult to configure with your MythTV box.

Floyd

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Windows Media Center? Hmm that's another option I suppose. Does that work
> > similar to MythTV or is it something different. I'm mostly a Mac person
> > (with some Linus mixed in) so I've not much experience with Windows
> > products.
>
> Generally Comcast only blocks recording on Premium channels, like HBO,
> and Pay-Per-View/On-Demand channels.  All other channels should be
> recordable (barring configuration errors at your local Comcast
> facilities).
>
> If you want to record content blocked by digital recording copy
> controls, you need an analog recorder, such as the HDPVR 1212, with a
> dedicated set-top-box provided by Comcast.
>
> I'm on Verizon Fios and I have six tuners: one HD Home Run Dual with
> two tuners that can record only unencrypted channels (broadcast TV),
> one HD HomeRun Prime with three tuners that can record almost
> everything else, and one HDPVR for premium channels.  With this mix, I
> don't get many conflicts.
>
> Eric

because I can split the atom with a microphone