[mythtv-users] Frontend started crashing after migrating DB from Mythbuntu 10.04 to MB12.04

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:16:29 UTC 2014

On 03/15/2014 11:02 AM, Craig Huff wrote:
> I'm starting (finally) to migrate from stable 10.04 system to 12.04 in
> preparation for jumping on 14.04 when it comes out.  I got the MB12.04
> system installed on a separate HD in the same system (swapping drives
> between power cycles), and everything was working, including mythfrontend
> startup.  Then I dropped the empty database and reloaded it with a copy of
> the database from the MB10.04 system.  It looked like it upgraded ok, but I
> can't get mythfrontend to open up.

Your logs say the backend started at Mar 14 10:01:18 and exited at
Mar 14 10:03:48. The frontend ran from Mar 14 10:01:50 and logging
ends at 10:03:14.

I'd be looking to see why the BE stopped before worrying about
the FE. The BE looks to have stopped normally. Perhaps looking
in /var/log/dmesg would give a clue.

--
Bill