[mythtv-users] Need help with migration Mythbuntu 10.04 -> Mythbuntu 12.04

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 16 04:03:43 UTC 2014

On 03/14/2014 11:29 AM, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
> >
> snip...
> >
> >> 2) Need to fix themes?
> >

> > No theme errors in the info you posted--just a couple of messages
> telling
> > you that you have some old, legacy, pre-0.22 (IIRC) themes on your
> system
> > that it's refusing to use (because they're legacy themes).
> >

> To get rid of these, are there just theme files to delete or would it
> involve mysql commands (I can manage, but kinda like being told to
> take nasty tasting medicine)

Just delete the theme directories from your hard drive--likely at
/usr/share/mythtv/themes.  Specifically, delete the BlackCurves-OSD and
Gray-OSD directories and their contents.

> >> 3) Need to get MythMusic Schema updated.
> >

> > How do you know it didn't?  "Timed out waiting" isn't an error.
> >

> >> Anyone care to weigh in on how I go about fixing any one of these (or
> >> report that it can be ignored) and how I could (should?) have avoided
> >> the problem(s) in the first place?
> >

> > The how is the standard (and almost universally ignored) approach:  post
> > logs (not excerpts).
> >
> > The person who doesn't know what's happening and why it's not working is
> > really (no offense intended), the worst possible person to decide which
> > information in the log is important.  So please, post the full log, as
> > described at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs .
> >
> > Mike
>
> None taken.  Had never learned how to put files in pastebin and hated
> to stuff logfiles wholesale in mail.
>
> Here are the frontend and backend logfiles from today's equally
> unsuccessful test run:
> mythfrontend.log
> mythbackend.log
>
> Thanks for the advice on using (and how to use) pastebin.

No errors shown in the logs.  You said you started mythbackend, then
mythfrontend, then mythfrontend crashed, then you shut down
mythbackend.  The next step after what's showing in your frontend log
would have been the MythMusic schema update, which could be canceled if
you chose the option to cancel it from the prompt on screen.  However,
in doing that, you would have gotten actual exit messages, so it seems
that mythfrontend is actually crashing.

Therefore, to figure out what's happening, you'll have to get a backtrace:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging

Mike