[mythtv-users] Two files after transcoding

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:33:53 UTC 2014

On 3/17/14, 2:27 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> He is talking about NFS and to my annoyance only group rights on the
> primary group go through NFS.

Well, there's perhaps two things going on here.
1) Yes, I use NFS on my NAS to store recordings.  And since upgrading
mythtv, the UID changed, and subsequently, mythtv didn't have the right
permissions on old recordings.   I addressed this with just a chown on
everything before attempting to run find_orphans.py
2) I perhaps was impatient when running find_orphans.py.   But when I
returned back saying that it was done, I expected the recordings to be
done.   After running it a few times, I'd get an error saying that there
were too many database connections, so perhaps that's more evidence that
it wasn't really done with what it was doing.

-WD