[mythtv-users] Two files after transcoding

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 18 04:58:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:33:53 -0400, you wrote:

>On 3/17/14, 2:27 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> He is talking about NFS and to my annoyance only group rights on the
>> primary group go through NFS.
>
>Well, there's perhaps two things going on here.
>1) Yes, I use NFS on my NAS to store recordings.  And since upgrading
>mythtv, the UID changed, and subsequently, mythtv didn't have the right
>permissions on old recordings.   I addressed this with just a chown on
>everything before attempting to run find_orphans.py
>2) I perhaps was impatient when running find_orphans.py.   But when I
>returned back saying that it was done, I expected the recordings to be
>done.   After running it a few times, I'd get an error saying that there
>were too many database connections, so perhaps that's more evidence that
>it wasn't really done with what it was doing.

Due to changes in how mythbackend deletes things, they now get queued
for deletion by find_orphans.py, instead of being actually deleted. So
it thinks it has deleted them, but mythbackend is still working on the
actual deletions of the things that are queued.  So when
find_orphans.py scans again, it thinks things have not been deleted.
What you need to do is to just wait for the deletions to actually
happen, or to tell find_orphans.py to rescan and keep doing that until
you stop seeing things disappear from the list.  What it amounts to is
that find_orphans.py is not completely compatible with current
versions of MythTV and needs updating somehow.