[mythtv-users] Is there a way out of this tar pit?

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Mar 23 04:32:13 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-22 at 21:56 -0600, John J Tucker wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am really struggling to find a solution and I'm tired and out of ideas.
> So, is there some other linux distro that I can build Mythtv .27.
>
> Thanks for any and all advice.
>
> adios,
> jt

Moving away from 12.04 was a mistake.. leaving you with old packages or
having to compile.
A good soln is Ubuntu 12.04-LTS with mythtv 0.27+fixes courtesy of
mythbuntu ppa.
Fairly sure you don't need pulse audio at all to build or use mythtv.

Couple weeks time 14.04 is released & it will be a LTS version with
mythbuntu sourced mythtv..