[mythtv-users] rebalance deleted recordings

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 07:54:28 UTC 2014

Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> If you're that worried about 6Gb of recording space then I would suggest you have bigger problems than display of various items.

+1

Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> Seriously, this is MythTV, not Free Disk Space Simulator 2014. Do lots
> of people manually manage their disk space instead of letting MythTV
> handle it? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

You shouldn't have to.
I just check the free space (Mythweb -> Status) every now and then, just like I check the upcoming recordings list to make sure my rules are working as I expect. As long as you have some free space, and you set your allocation method sensibly, then Myth will manage it just fine.