[mythtv-users] So confused. Firewire to STB - channel change script - mythchanger

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Mar 26 14:12:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already started messing around with setting up a IR Blaster using my
> MCE USB Kit (that came with the WINTV HVR 1600)  and I have no plans to buy
> anything new at this time.

That should work, but using a "real" mce usb kit would definitely
better supported, more flexible, and easier to set up.  You can find
them on ebay quite cheaply.

> I downloaded the "LircChannelChanger" one last night
> "http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LircChannelChanger" and started trying to get it
> to work from the command line, but the STB didn't seem to respond. My STB is
> the RNG150N.

Definitely start by using a digital camera to check that your IR
emitter is actually emitting something.  If you point an emitter at
the camera lens, you should see the IR flash clearly in the digital
camera display.  This will help narrow down the problem.

Eric