[mythtv-users] FE sound stopped working

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:25:00 UTC 2014

On 27 March 2014 14:42, Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net> wrote:

> Sorry, my description was a bit hidden.
>
> About 15 minutes into watching a live program the sound suddenly ceased. I
> went from completely normal sound to no sound at all. I changed channels and
> also tried playing a recording - all silent.
>
> I mentioned switching between backends just in case that activity could have
> unforeseen side effects.

backends have nothing to do with audio, so it would have no impact...
It's more likely just an unfortunate coincidence.
You may have updated something else that would have more impact:
kernel drivers and/or alsa libraries in particular.

There's been virtually no change between 0.25 and 0.27 when it comes
to the audio layer (hard to improve on perfection :) )...

If you quit playback and start it again, does audio come back then?

Do you have pulse audio running?