[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sat Mar 29 14:46:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 5:41 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 27 March 2014 21:24, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> > http://imgur.com/WLJUaQn
>> >

>> Weird, the date here is showing as 27/5 that's it.. not a full date
>

> mythfrontend -> Setup -> Appearance -> (3rd page) Date Format
>
> That is one of the few settings the user is still allowed to make, that
> themers have to account for.  Believe it or not, but I actually wish the
> user had a little more control of the UI appearance, even though it would
> make theming that much harder.
>
> John

I'm not sure I agree with this. If I've got to account for that, it
means I have to account for the largest value (something like
"Wednesday, December 31st, 2288"). If I do that, there isn't much
space left on the screen for anything else (that would probably be a
larger field than title, which would be silly).

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos