[mythtv-users] Slave backend time sync problem after DST change

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:48:59 UTC 2014

Hoi Eric,

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:25 AM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:
>> Current time on the master backend differs by 3600 seconds from time on this
>> system. Exiting
>>
>> The 3600 tells it all.  I'm pretty sure the system worked last summer and no
>> problems then or when we went off DST, but this transition buggered things
>> up.

> Do you have your system to configured to store local time or UTC in
> the hardware (BIOS) clock?

> Unless you're dual booting with an operating system that requires a
> localtime hardware clock, you should use a UTC time in hardware.  That
> will minimize problems such as these.

> Eric

You should also check your timezone configuration. If the slave is set
to a generic zone (+/- ** GMT) it might not know about daylight
saving. You should find your defined timezone in /etc/timezone. You can
also have a simlink /etc/localtime to the right zone information in
/usr/share/zoneinfo/. There you find a directory structure by
continent/country/city.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven