[mythtv-users] mythtv netflix --major update

Gregory Schade gmschade at gmail.com
Thu May 1 02:34:32 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,
I have made a bunch of updates to my mythnetflix scripts and Firefox profile
If you are running a version before 07 I highly recommend you upgrade
1. firefox profile now contained with the rest of the script
2. firefox is in true full screen mode (none of the top bars show at
all), this means that you no longer need to push the "full screen
button" when watching a video. also no longer need to have the panel in
auto hide.
3. LIRC actions moved to scripts, this allowed me to treat mouse
positions as variables
4. on install it attempts to determine your screen resolution and
calculate button positions. should work for all resolutions now.
5. wrote a special button-mapper mode to allow people to fix button
position problems using only their mouse and remote
6. button mapper also allows some level of future proof, if netflix
changes button placing you will be able to easily fix button position
problems in only a couple of minutes.

I plan on in the next week making screen casts of both mythnetflix
running and using the button mapper mode.

I would like to add support for more remotes other than MCEusb if anyone
is interested in helping with testing.

as alway I updated both the wiki and my personal web. I have to add
write-mouse-position and button-mapper pages to the wiki.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Netflix_Streaming_LIRC_Integration
http://www.schaderules.com/misc/computers/mythtv/netflix/

I hope this update work well for people.
Greg