[mythtv-users] Multiple HDPVRs Modprobe Settings

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Thu May 1 16:48:28 UTC 2014

I put a second HDPVR on my Ubuntu 12 / Myth0.27 system.  One's input is
HD, the other's SD (i.e. TV1 and TV2 from ViP222k).

I have configured and confirmed my 'udev' rules create the intended
device links, and both devices work fine once the video and audio inputs
are set (using v4l2-ctl on the second HDPVR).

What is the best way to set the default inputs for each HDPVR?

I had been using '/etc/modprobe.d/hdpvr.conf' but can't find any way to
specify for which HDPVR it is setting the default inputs.

If it cannot be done in modprobe, would adding a script call in my
'udev' rules work?

Thanks,
MC