[mythtv-users] HDPVR S/PDIF troubles

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Fri May 2 00:52:05 UTC 2014

On 05/01/2014 10:04 AM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> >>There is a python script on the MythTV wiki (directtv_http.pl) that does most of the work
>
> Does this script work with Dish receivers too?  (Is it just upnp
> wrapper or sometone tuned if for DirectTV)?
Neither, it sends commands over IP using 'http' protocols.

I am currently using a shell script that calls "miranda.py" to control
my Dish ViP222k over IP using the 'upnp' protocol.

If you know what upnp commands the receiver supports you can use
miranda.py as the 'upnp' CLI.

I used "upnp-inspector' to get the required information but miranda can
also return a list of available commands.

You can find a quick overview of what I did in my recent posts under
"UPNP Control of STB".

MC