[mythtv-users] Ticket 11377 was: Region free DVD player?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:53:41 UTC 2014

On 9 April 2014 15:50, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the update. I'm still working on this, albeit slowly.
>
> I have tried the nvidia-319-updates package (aka nvidia 319.60 driver). It's the most recent driver supported by ubuntu package management on precise. No change.
>
> I do know that mplayer, as provided by Ubuntu precise, uses an older version of libavcodec 53.32.2, vs mythtv fixes/0.27 which is 54.92.100, but I haven't checked ffmpeg or libav commit histories to see if there's any substantive differences between these versions when it comes to vdpau decoding.

this issue has now been corrected in master...

it's a significant change, with the possibility of introduced regressions.

I'll backport it to the devel/027candidates in a couple of days and it
will sit there for at least a week, while people can experiment.

Having said that, I've tried it against all the video samples library
I have. And I haven't noticed any regressions (other than the DVD
sample and the Ondine clip now plays just fine with vdpau)

Additional new support:
-9/10 bit h264 videos
-MJPEG (typically from some digital camera)