[mythtv-users] VAAPI with Intel HD 4400

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat May 3 22:19:17 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a new laptop and I want to use it as a frontend. I am using
0.27 mythtv in Debian Wheezy machines with 3.13 backport kernel.

I install the packages listed in the wiki:

apt-get install libva1 i965-va-driver libva-intel-vaapi-driver vainfo

The problem is that "vainfo" doesn't show nothing:

$ vainfo
libva: VA-API version 0.32.0
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns -1
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

I am missing some configuration?

I change the video playback profile to "VAAPI Normal" but HD content
is not looking good (4 CPU cores to 90%).

I will appreciate any help, this is my first time with VAAPI.

--
Josu Lazkano