[mythtv-users] Log output of user jobs via MythLog class?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 21:34:01 UTC 2014

> On 6 May 2014, at 4:42 am, "Nicolas Krzywinski" <myth at site7even.de> wrote:
>
> Am 03.05.2014, 03:02 Uhr, schrieb Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>:
>
>> Setting a season / episode at the recording rule level makes sure that it uses the correct grabber as can get successful hits in the wrong database (ie a hit in The Movie Database for a tv series). Setting non zero season and episode values will prevent the Movie grabber being used.
> I can not remember exactly, but I think there were problems with specifying both, season and episode numbers as I set up my recording rules and wanted to fetch artwork. Therefore I set up the season number only. And as it is not a single recording rule, specifying the episode number would be wrong.

I don't think the season or episode numbers get pulled down from the recording rule to the recording. They only make sure the correct grabber is used and (probably more importantly) by changing the season number you can select the artwork you want for each season or select custom artwork. The inetref however does get pulled down of course.

>> Actually, did I read somewhere a while ago that EIT doesn't have subtitle info? Or did I just make that up?
> There may have changed something really recently!
> Because suddenly there is much more text in the recording list, have a look at it here (compare the episodes of the tv series "New Girl" from 26.03. and 27.03. with 02.04. and 03.04.):
> http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythtv-eit-data-changed.png
Yes I can see what you mean, although may need to wait and see whether it is something permanent or just the inconsistency of EIT data providers.

I tried looking up New Girl in The TVDB and I see that there is no German entry, so I would assume that it would essentially be impossible to get a successful season / episode number match from the title / subtitle. Obviously this will vary from series to series depending on just what data The TVDB contains. Other German users may be able to comment on how extensively The TVDB is populated with German data.