[mythtv-users] Dvd and blueray ripping

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue May 6 16:27:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 08:45:09PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Since nobody reacts to my question on DVDburner/reader brands, I'll
> repeat it here. Some time ago I saw here a remark about brands that do
> beter or worse in this respect. Has anybody any info, for I can't find
> the earlier remark.

    I have never paid attention to what my brand of optical device is and
I have never had any problems. I usually just get whatever is cheapest and
fastest in what ever form factor I am interested in (SATA vs. USB).

    If you're actually burning stuff, I would worry about the quality of the
media rather than the drive. Just don't buy the cheapest no-name stuff you
can find (which is a good rule of thumb in general).