[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 6 16:47:24 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 12:36 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I think it an excellent idea, because it's intuitive and visual. Only
> you should find a way to integrate it with the rest of the priority
> chain. Channel priority etc.

I'm pretty sure these would work pretty much the same as before, but may
be simplified a bit.

>   Also a thing I don't understand:
> Here in the Netherlands EPG data is by law only available 4 days in
> advance. At 4 o'clock at night the new day becomes available. I have a
> show that plays on saturday with a rerun on monday. It at first gets
> scheduled on saturday, but as soon as it gets the monday info, it gets
> moved. Why? The only difference being the schedule on monday being less
> crowded.

MythTV will always record the first showing of any episode unless
there's a conflict (in which case it may record a later showing to allow
it to record an episode for some other rule--even if the show being
moved to later is higher priority) or you specifically tell it to do
otherwise (i.e. via priorities--such as Channel or HDTV or ... priority
modifiers--or overrides).

Mike