[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:08:29 UTC 2014

Hoi Michael,

Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 6:47:24 PM, you wrote:

>>   Also a thing I don't understand:
>> Here in the Netherlands EPG data is by law only available 4 days in
>> advance. At 4 o'clock at night the new day becomes available. I have a
>> show that plays on saturday with a rerun on monday. It at first gets
>> scheduled on saturday, but as soon as it gets the monday info, it gets
>> moved. Why? The only difference being the schedule on monday being less
>> crowded.

> MythTV will always record the first showing of any episode unless
> there's a conflict (in which case it may record a later showing to allow
> it to record an episode for some other rule--even if the show being
> moved to later is higher priority) or you specifically tell it to do
> otherwise (i.e. via priorities--such as Channel or HDTV or ... priority
> modifiers--or overrides).

That's what baffles me. I thought as you say it should record at the
earliest possibility, but it doesn't. Before I only had two recorders,
creating a conflict. But since februari I have a third and it can
record on saturday, but it doesn't. It moves the recording as soon as
it learns about the rerun.
It is no problem, but I don't like illogical things.
At the same time I have to say I still haven't found time to really
delve into this matter. It is planned for a few quiet days. I
regularly see priority/identical matching issues I do not (yet)
understand.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven