[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:41:53 UTC 2014

Hoi David,

Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 8:25:08 PM, you wrote:

> On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 07:46:35PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 7:35:19 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > It sound like you'rer either using a Find Weekly rule or there is
>> > soemthing else about the Monday showing that makes it more attractive
>> > than the Saturday one.
>>
>> > David
>>
>> Yes it is a weekly rule. And obviously it finds the monday more
>> attractive, but the only difference I know of is the schedule being
>> less crowded and that before February when I added a recorder it had
>> to move. It's like it remembers the old situation!?

> For weekly ahd daily rules, the "week" or "day" begins at the time of
> the program you used when you created the rule.  In your case, the
> week for your program starts at some time after the Saturday showing
> up until the time of the Monday showing.  As far as MythTV is
> concerned, it is recording the first available program every week.

I don't think so, for I created the rule for the saturday show and on
activating monday it deactivates saturday. So it thinks them to be in
the same week. Also on recording on monday it at first activates next
saturday.

> Why are you using a weekly rule?  There are only two real uses for
> weekly (and daily) rules.  One is to artificially throttle the number
> of programs recorded.  The other is to compensate for the lack of
> any/accurate episode information, but you know a priori when the first
> new episode is shown.

Exactly, EPG info in the Netherlands is bad and by law only available
4 days up front. The xmlgrabber grabs of a national site, that seems
to lack episode naming and numbering. So the only available info for
duplicate matching is the description. All has to do with the highly
fragmented media landscape (15 parties or so, who all want to sell
there paper media guides for there part of the pie). So the available
info is also not always correct, for it is dependant on all the
parties delivering the correct info. ;(
So if I know a new show comes only ones a week, I rather depend on
that, then on the often faulty duplicate matching.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop