[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:06:35 UTC 2014

Hoi Mark,

>> issue now is why Myth standardly favors the rerun over the first
>> showing two days earlier.
>>
>> Tot mails,
>>  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>>
> A couple of wild guesses:
> Do you have any global rules to preference HD over SD or SD over
> HD? Or one format over another? Are there any notable differences between the two episodes?

I only have SD and record through PVR350/500, so all similar mpeg2
encoders.
If I have the money I'll start experimenting with HD, but there is no
rush, for analog broadcasting will not stop in the near future here
and my TV is analog and more then good enough, especially since I
watch strait vga through a self-made vga-scart converter.

Also both runs are on the same channel and there is a free tuner
available. The only difference I see is that on saturday there are
other recordings running and on monday not. Also with other shows I
normally don't see this behaviour, while reruns mostly are on quiet
hours (daytime or nighttime). They only difference being that this
recording was the main reason to get a third tuner.

> Also have you captured a run of --printsched to see if perhaps
> there are some other programs that change that cause the reshuffle?

I'll run it friday or saturday, when both broadcasts are in the list.
The saturday show will appear tonight after 4, the other two or three
days later (whether it starts before or after midnight).
As said earlier it is not urgent, just a small annoyance, mainly
because I don't understand why.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven