[mythtv-users] Patriot PBO Core: 2014 Day/Date ISSUE

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Wed May 7 19:13:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014, Sanjeev Verma wrote:

> On 01/04/2014 02:12 PM, Greg wrote:
>> On 01/03/2014 09:45 PM, Lawrence Houston wrote:
>>> I have been using a Patriot PBO Core as the Frontend for my MythTV Backend
>>> for quite some time, although since the New Year I have noticed the PBO
>>> Core is Sorting Recordings made in 2014 with the Day of the Week and the
>>> Date "Pushed" 1 Day Ahead of what they should be.  Date and Times on the
>>> MythTV Backend seem fine.  I just pushed the MythTV Backend from 0.25 to
>>> 0.27, although made NO change...
>>>
>>> Although this might be a Patriot PBO Core Fireware Issue, I was wondering
>>> if there any other MythTV Users who have noticed the same "Issue" with
>>> their Patriot PBO Core Boxes???
>>>
>>> Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)
>>>
>> I would be interested in how you use the PBO as a frontend.. Do you mean
>> you just browse to the folder that contains a recording and play it,or do
>> you have a graphical display (Menus,Etc)... I will take a look at my PBO
>> tomorrow and see if mine exhibits the same problem..
> Not sure about OP, but in my setup, mythtv appears inside the "upnp" section
> of PBO, along with Plex Server (which I have installed on another box in my
> home). Once I go inside mythtv, I can see the recordings sorted by date/title
> in separate folders. Not very intuitive, but usable. Also, commercial skip
> does not work in my setup.

My latest "Issue" with my Patriot PBO Core as a Set-Top Box for my MythTV
Backend: Although the Name of my MythTV Backend displays within the UPNP
Section, now it Contents are Completet EMPTY!!!  That said the Patriot PBO
Core can still access MythTV Reoordings through the NET Section, although
finding the "Correct" Item with Native Filenames is a "Challenge"...

What might have changed witin a recent MythTV Update to "Break" a Patriot
PBO Core's UPNP Mode?

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)