[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 7 21:36:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 22:27 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> With all the talk of users preferring to use XBMC my question is simple.
>
> What needs to change to make you want to use MythTV again?

To be clear, all of the talk is about XBMC as a mythfrontend replacement
only.  We are all happy (enough) with the backend.

I looked into XBMC initially for it's streaming/casting capabilities, to
see if I could cast a stream from my tablet, say to XBMC and onto my TV.

I think ultimately XBMC just has more of a critical mass and therefore
more contribution and therefore more possibilities in terms of what you
and your TV can do.

Cheers,
b.