[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

BP lists at qucae.com
Thu May 8 03:55:47 UTC 2014

On 05/07/2014 03:57 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:

> 1) Its media organization and playback, in a word, sucks. It was a nice
> start when MythVideo became an integral part of MythTV and the interface
> controls were united, but it's still just plain terrible. Navigation is
> awful, metadata parsing is awful, usability is awful. XBMC and Plex for
> the most part "just work" with media files. Back in the day I used to

Maybe I'm just an old fart, but I find usability of the Myth Frontend to
be leaps and bounds beyond XBMC.  It's simple and discoverable.  XBMC
puts way too much emphasis on eye candy and is completely unusable to
me.  I spent an hour trying to play a video and failed to figure out how
to.  Haven't touched it in two years (hopefully it's improved since then).