[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Thu May 8 16:47:44 UTC 2014

>>     I like that recorded programs are separate from long-term media.
> I don't understand this point.  In my XBMC, I have things separated.

That wasn't very clear, but it was basically in response to Thomas
Mashos' wishlist item on 5/7 that ripped and recorded movies and ripped
and recorded TV should be in the same spot.  I like that recorded TV
that I'm going to watch and delete is separate from I want to
keep/archive.  Both XBMC and Myth do this fine, so I probably should
have omitted it.

> is a good thing!" and they're correct.  However, it seems that everyone
> wants XBMC features crammed into MythFE but a simpler interface.  That's
> going to take years to get there (if ever).

I'm not saying that at all - I'm just listing things currently prevent
me from using XBMC as my main TV frontend.  If it can eventually do
everything as well or better then I would use it, though honestly I
don't really mind switching between the two at the moment.  But I agree
that improving XBMC's capabilities regarding Myth is more likely than
replicating much of XBMC in Myth, and the latter makes little sense.

John