[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Thu May 8 18:58:03 UTC 2014

On 8 May 2014 at 17:47:27, Raymond Wagner (raymond at wagnerrp.com) wrote:
> Because the RPi is a piece of junk, with less CPU power than a low-end
> frontend when MythTV was first released 10 years ago. […]

Perhaps I’m just being patriotic (which, I can assure you, doesn’t happen very often—at least not *this* kind of patriotic), but I think that’s a little unfair. The Raspberry Pi was developed to promote and aid computer science teaching to schoolchildren.

Just because it has composite and HDMI outputs does not mean that everyone should just blithely assume that all it is is a crappy media centre type device.

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail