[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Fri May 9 09:08:08 UTC 2014

On 9 May 2014 07:27, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> At the moment the doom mungers are winning and the project is on life
> support but the remaining devs do want to resurrect it so please be positve
> :)

Here are some positive thoughts:

* My family uses MythTV every day, watching Live TV, recordings and videos.
* Mythbackend has been rock solid for us for so many years that I cannot
remember if it has ever died on us.
* The demand for flexibility is booming; XBMC, Chromecast, Smart TVs,
Android devices, etc. These are all opportunities to grow the MythTV user
base and strengthen the project.
* It is encouraging to see requests for ideas and friendly discussion of
shortcomings.

David