[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 9 16:17:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bashing continuously the pi as being a bit a "junk", can only highlight the
> fact the XBMC that has far more eye-candy than mythfrontend, runs just fine
> on it and myth don't.
>
> What does that say about myth code then?

What is says about the RPi is that the Gartner
Hype Cycle is alive and well, and we are on the
initial upward slope.

I should state that I am not a fan of closed
(licensed) hardware designs, especially for
devices which claim to be for educational
purposes (but actually appear to be a well
run marketing campaign to make money
for those who own the trademark).  I choose
more open platforms for my educational
endeavors.