[mythtv-users] Active tuner chosen for recordings even in LiveTV

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat May 10 23:03:45 UTC 2014

I'm still running 0.26-fixes, so if 0.27 fixes this, let me know.

When watching Live TV, I usually miss the countdown timer letting me know
that Myth wants to tune to a scheduled recording, and it's a bit
frustrating. But what's really odd is that after it changes my channel, I
hit escape and fire up Live TV, and Myth automatically switches to a
dormant tuner. My question is:

Why doesn't MythTV use one of the tuners that isn't in use, instead using
my active LiveTV tuner? And is there a setting somewhere that I can change
to make this happen?

Thanks,
Matt