[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 14.04 and unwanted pop-ups

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun May 11 16:51:14 UTC 2014

On 5/11/14, 12:39 PM, David Edwards wrote:
> Thanks for that, Will. I have successfully ditched Xcfe and replaced
> it with Fluxbox, which made it much easier to diagnose and fix some
> suspend/resume issues I was having. Now I'm wondering if its worth
> dumping lightdm too...

It is true that you don't need lightdm.  Whether or not it's worth the
hassle to do it is not clear.

The strategy I took with UbuFuzz should also work here:

-----

Configure VM to automatically login:
- in /etc/init/tty1.conf:
#exec /sbin/getty -8 38400 tty1
exec /bin/login -f fuzz tty1 </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1
- create ~/.bash_profile:
startx

-----

But in the case of MythTV, the use "fuzz" above would be replaced with
whatever user currently logs in for running MFE.   Note that I have not
done this on my own system (yet?) so proceed with caution.

-WD