[mythtv-users] Playback On Intel

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Mon May 12 11:19:53 UTC 2014

On 12 May 2014 02:04, Andrew Leech <coronasensei at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do have occasional minor tearing on horizontal pans

I haven't noticed any tearing in Mythfrontend on Mythbuntu 14.04.

I did get some in XBMC, which I fixed by adding:

xserver-command=X -bs

to disable the backing store as per advice in the XBMC forums. For the
record, they say don't  add Option "TearFree" "true" to xorg.conf,
which I had previously used to fix tearing in Mythfrontend in
previousl version of Mythbuntu.

> Never noticed any visual artifacts from decoding.

I will try and post a sample that demonstrates the issue.

> I'm using OpenGL High Quality rendering, I found it to be more stable than
> vaapi in the past

Yes, me too. It seems a lot better in 14.04, other problems notwithstanding.

> The biggest difference though is I'm using xorg-edgers drivers
> Might be worth a try for you too.

I will try that and report back.

Thanks,

David