[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:39:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 5/12/2014 2:06 PM, Nicolas Krzywinski wrote:
>
>> Am 12.05.2014, 10:21 Uhr, schrieb Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
>> >:
>>
>>  Get a client or MDA that offers filtering? Use threading to
>>>>
>>> No, I won't get the next cool super tool to compensate the lack of
>> functionality of a rarely used alternative. :p
>>

> Every full fledged mail client supports filtering rules, as do many
> webmail clients.
>
> The In-Reply-To field was defined for email in RFC822 way way back in
> 1982, allowing mail clients to track a conversation across multiple
> replies, enabling threading, so you can view or ignore entire topics as a
> whole.  This "next cool super tool" is built-in functionality, rather than
> the lack there of, and over 30 years old.

Raymond:  I've seen a few replies, scattered out over several years, where
you have made statements regarding certain mail clients and how they should
honor the 'In-Reply-To' field, but I never have seen a list of popular
clients that do/don't honor this field.  Can spout off a few for us?  How
do we tell if our client does this right or not?

Thanks,

Jeremy