[mythtv-users] explain defaultinput field in capturecard table in mythconverg

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:02:49 UTC 2014

On 05/12/2014 08:05 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> I am running 0.27 on f19.
> I do not see the default input in the capture card setup, but rather in the DB
> in the field capturecard.defaultinput.
>
> I wanted to understand how the different values here work, or confirm that this field is
> not used anymore (as was suggested).

Hi,

Makes more sense. If you want to see how the field is set, then
do: SHOW COLUMNS FROM  capturecard and you'll see the default
value for the field.

If you want to see how many times defaultinput is used in the
source, then clone a copy from github and type:

     git grep defaultinput

and you'll see exactly one match. And that's the one that
creates the field displayed in SHOW COLUMNS above. Nothing
else reads or changes the data in that field.

--
Bill