[mythtv-users] HD channels not working

Robert Wiegand wiegandbob at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:43:19 UTC 2014

Suddenly a few days ago the high definition channels on my Myth system
stopped working. Can't record or watch live. The standard def. channels
still work.

Playback of old recordings also works correctly.

Trying to use a HD channel results in a zero length file in the record
directory.

I'm using a HDHomerun tuner and the channels display correctly with
hdhomerun_config_gui, so the tuner seems to be working.

I've tried rescanning the channel in mythtv-setup but that made no
difference.

I'm not sure where to go next short of trying a complete reinstall.

Any suggestions?