[mythtv-users] Limit concurrent instances of mythpreviewgen?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:15:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> All of the above still sound like kludges.

Agreed, but an actual solution (replace the Atom BE)
that would also address things like slow scheduling
was rejected by the OP.  To each their own.

> The appropriate time to generate these is when the recording is completed.

Perhaps my memory is slipping, but I believe the
FE preview images are also generated "on demand",
and preview images can be generated in on-demand
sizes, so you would have to limit to a reasonable
subset of sizes.

You can probably create a system event handler
to generate some limited subset of images, if you
like.