[mythtv-users] Both In progress HD recordings and Live Tv dropping frames on frontend.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:42:25 UTC 2014

On 16 May 2014 05:37, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> When playing back the not-in-progress "view" of the recording, your system
> isn't going to pull seek table updates and such from the database, so this
> could be an issue stemming database congestion, possibly due to database
> configuration (such as storing database data files on a file system with
> barriers enabled on a system/storage medium that's not fast enough for such
> a configuration).

I don't think that's what the problem is...
I have a very fast development machine (E5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, all
database on SSD, recordings on external RAID5 array).
I've noticed the exact same thing now when I enable VDPAU with the
deinterlacers active using the nouveau drivers.

playback stutters. I'm for once entirely sure it's not a machine speed issue
It doesn't occur with nvidia drivers. and mplayer plays that exact
same file with the exact same deinterlacers just fine.

there's something else at play, and his testings are very interesting
indeed... I think he's definitely on to something, something myth
doesn't do properly and it just happens that under some circumstances
it becomes a problem