[mythtv-users] No live TV. Ceton InfiniTV won't stream RTP

Yippee Three-eight yp_38 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 04:06:23 UTC 2014

I've got a Ceton InfiniTV in my backend.  The frontend and backend are both on 0.27 and running on OpenSUSE 13.1, x86_64.  My problem is that I cannot view live TV in MythTV.  I get "Signal Strength 100% | (TL__) Partial lock" on every channel.  I know that there is an issue with Ceton InfiniTV cards right now that will be addressed in 0.27.1.  However, I can't stream using VLC either.

If I disable streaming in the Ceton InfiniTV web interface on a tuner, I can tune a channel and view that channel via mplayer without problem.  Every channel works as it should.  My signal strength on my channels, and signal to noise ratios are both very good.

If I run VLC though, and run Media | Open Network Stream, then point it to rtp://@:8000 and hit play, nothing happens.  I can tune channels and start and stop RTP streaming, but it doesn't start streaming.

I've tried the Ceton python client, but when I run that, it just says, "1400211698.015020.py:136 Initializing" and doesn't do anything else.

I've got the latest driver for the InfiniTV card, and I'm using the beta firmware.

I've talked to techs at my ISP (WOW) about whether or not I need a Tuning Adapter, but they're useless.  I did try Ceton's Tuning Adapter, but that didn't change the results.

I don't know anything about RTP streaming, so I'm kind of stuck.  All of the threads I've seen are of little help.  Most of those threads are for people who can't even get mplayer to stream video.

Is there anything else I can do or try?

Mike B