[mythtv-users] Both In progress HD recordings and Live Tv dropping frames on frontend.

John reidjr at lineone.net
Fri May 16 16:16:51 UTC 2014

On 16/05/14 00:05, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 16 May 2014 08:30, John <reidjr at lineone.net> wrote:
>
>> On the remote frontend logs for inprogress recordings I am seeing
>>
>> QUERY_RECORDER 16[]:[]GET_FRAMES_WRITTEN
>> issued every frame, which seems excessive, and almost certain to cause
>> database hickups if the backend is writing to the same table at the same
>> frequency. So I can see why no barriers might be a good plan.
> I'm not seeing that at all...
>
> That called is issued only once it reaches an EOF or you press info

Ah good so it is unexpected behavior. It is 100% repeatable, happens
every time I watch an in progress, but only on my main frontend.

Later:

Ok after MUCH trial and error I've pinned it down. If you have set

AutoCommercialSkip ( or notify)  then GET_FRAMES_WRITTEN

is called continuously for any still recording file.

I have tried to work through the code to work out why, but haven't
managed to follow it yet. looks like a logic bug to me. Sure there are
more experienced hands out there that can follow this hint though :-)

john