[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime crashing frontend

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:39:25 UTC 2014

On 20 May 2014 21:41, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> The frontend just terminates to the desktop and she has restart it.
>
> I'll be contacting Charter this weekend about the incorrectly tagged
> channels, but I need to know what needs to be done to track down the
> crashes.
>
> mythfrontend -v playback?

It's all there..
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Basic_backtrace

Then open a ticket in code.mythtv.org and either put a link to the
backtrace, or copy the backtrace in the ticket...

what video drivers are you using?
if nouveau or AMD's vdpau opensource one, there are some problems that
could cause a crash.

I've fixed those today, packages should be available in a few hours