[mythtv-users] Changing channels on Cablevison/Optimum Samsung SMT-C5320 box

David Burnham david.j.burnham at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:10:05 UTC 2014

I recently relocated to Cablevision territory in Connecticut, and was given a Samsung SMT-C5320 STB. Has anyone successfully changed channels on this device using an IR blaster and LIRC? Or via FireWire? All of my attempts to learn the remote using irrecord have failed. There is very little discussion of this box online... Maybe it's something newish?

I've been through several different providers over the years and successfully used serial, FireWire, and LIRC at different times. But I'm running out of ideas on this one. (Haven't tried FireWire yet. I no longer have a functioning FireWire port on my Myth box and I don't want to spend the money to fix it until someone can confirm that it works).