[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

merc1984 at f-m.fm merc1984 at f-m.fm
Tue May 20 21:05:27 UTC 2014

I've never successfully gotten metadata for TV shows I have in Videos.
I suspect the reason is that Myth classifies anything in Videos as
'movies' and thus looks to themoviedb.org instead of thetvdb.com

For example there's a grand old series called "Danger Man".  I would
love to have metadata for each episode, but never have.  thetvdb knows
about it: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76164&lid=7
... and in fact knows each episode's details:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=76164&seasonid=9786&id=184791&lid=7
... but when I set the ID# in inetref Myth always guesses a completely
wrong show of some sort or another.  I've tried setting title and
subtitle, etc, but Myth always guesses a completely wrong production.

Isn't there some way to classify or indicate to Myth to go to thetvdb
instead of themoviedb for videos?  Hasn't this ever come up before?

I have these episodes in directories for season 1, 2, 3, etc, so it
would be nice if Myth could mark the folder with season metadata, and
then each episode with its metadata.  Doesn't anyone else do this?

                          or over the web