[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:56:37 UTC 2014

On 22 May 2014 06:09,  <merc1984 at f-m.fm> wrote:

> To me, the correct order of sorting these files is the first one is
> Season 1 Episode 1.  The second one in the directory is Season 1 Episode
> 2.  And so on.  If you're using the recommended naming system, have a
> look at your file folder;  the episodes will be all scrambled up as
> they're being sorted by title rather than season/episode.

I use the following recommended directory structure:
Show Name/Season XX/showname.SXXEYY

Files are *always* appearing in the order of episode #.

Even if we had a split between TV and Movie dedicated grabber (like
XBMC does), it wouldn't find for /01-01 - View from the Villa.mpg

The directory name the file is found has no bearing on the grabber.
01-01 - View from the Villa.mpg

doesn't contain the show name, how is it supposed to find it and guess
where it's coming from?

Just follow the wiki, it's all there