[mythtv-users] 0.27: Stalls and other niggles - fixed

Mike Thomas mt3 at pfw.demon.co.uk
Thu May 22 12:44:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, 22 May 2014 16:52:39 +1000
Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 January 2014 03:16, Mike Thomas <mt3 at pfw.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > The point I make is MythTV 0.22 works with binlogging and barriers
> > on 'consumer-grade' hardware without any trouble whereas MythTV 0.27
> > doesn't. Feel free to stick with barrier=0 and no binlogging if you
> > want, but the attached patch lets me have my cake and eat it too. It
> > should apply cleanly against 0.27.
>
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> I've applied it...

Dear Jean,

This is just a note to say that I've been running 0.27 + the above
patch since I posted it. It's not given me any gyp and the system has
been remarkably stable. From a performance POV, the patch seems to
provide jerk-free watching of live or recorded programmes on my
hardware with up to 3 simultaneous recordings. When I record a
fourth programme I notice the occasional jerk. I suspect even this
limit will be raised when the ring buffer changes are merged.

I don't know if anyone else has tested it. Please contact me if you or
anyone else notice any problems.

Yours,

Mike.