[mythtv-users] Backend Migration/Consolidation

Nigel Jewell nigel.jewell at grufty.co.uk
Thu May 22 20:55:47 UTC 2014

On 22/05/2014 21:39, Phil Roberts wrote:
> Have started investigation moving three backends to a new single
> backend and wish to retain the 'oldrecorded' information from each.
>
> machine 1 - running myth 0.19.20060121-2  ( built from scratch - 6000+
> recordings )
> machine 2 - running myth 0.23 fixes ( mythbuntu )
> machine 3 - running myth 0.25 fixes ( mythbuntu )
>
> machine 4 - new environment myth 0.27 fixes
>
> A mysqldump of oldrecorded from 0.23 and 0.25 results in dropping the
> database table before inserting the records.  That is not so difficult
> to resolve. ( remove the drop and ALTER instead of CREATE ) I think.

You could:

- dump the database from m1 to file
- create a new database on m4
- import m1 database file onto m4
- start up myth on m4 so that it upgrades the schema
- dump the new m4 database to file
- drop the database on m4
... and repeat for m2 and m3

Then you have three database files that have identical schemas
(compatible with 0.27) and how you merge them is a lot easier (although
not nice).

I'm sure that someone on here will know a better myth-centric way, but ...

Nige.